Check back in early March for seasonal job opportunities for Beverage Operations, Security, Grounds Operations and Admissions.
Sales and Marketing Representative
Summerfest /Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is seeking several outgoing candidates to help promote and sell Summerfest ticket programs to businesses in our area on a part time basis for the 2014 Summerfest music festival.
Marketing and Sales Representatives contact current and potential Business Group Sales (BGS), Premier Seat Program (PSP), and Corporate Party rental customers. Sales Reps receive paid training work from our Summerfest offices. This position is seasonal part-time, starting on or around first week of December and concluding mid-June with standard office hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm. Also includes assisting and setting up in grassroots marketing events for Summerfest throughout the months leading to the event.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Sell Summerfest Ticket Programs
- Contact new prospects and assigned exiting clients/businesses that have received business programs brochures, but have not yet ordered
- Make a minimum of 80 calls per day
- Generate and update call reports
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- Assist in execution of grassroots marketing event for Summerfest during non-traditional hours
- Includes setup of events at outside locations (many are bar locations) as well as distribution of materials at events and engagement with attendees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet goals and work well with others in a team environment
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance for the 27 weeks that you are employed
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Additional week night and weekend hours as needed
- An enthusiastic, go-getter mentality
- Good verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with attention to detail and good computer skills
- Ability to quickly analyze situations and opportunities
- A strong work ethic and well organized
- Good follow-through and relationship skills
Educational and Work Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a sales environment
- College degree preferred
Sales Reps receive an hourly wage, with commission, parking and complimentary Summerfest tickets.
Email your resume to email@example.com for a chance to further explore this opportunity. Please no phone calls.